Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I heart girl bassists

Something I love just as much as androgyny - girl bassists. Here are a few of my favourites:




















Paz Lenchantin

She's not just talented, she's also really cool and pretty and just generally awesome. And she was the bassist for one of my all-time favourite bands (A Perfect Circle). Love her!








































Hilary Woods

Not only is Hilary a great bassist, she's also Irish, which is kinda cool.












































Lyn-Z

While I don't agree with everything Mindless Self Indulgence say, you have to admit that Lyn-Z is bitchin'.











































Iracema Trevisan

I spent more time trying to spell this lady's name than finding the picture of her. CSS played an amazing set at Electric Picnic two or three years ago, and I still love them because of that.












































D'Arcy Wretzky

A list of female bassists wouldn't be a list of female bassists without D'Arcy!

No comments:

Post a Comment